Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My wife and I are talking about divorce and we have only

Customer Question

My wife and I are talking about divorce and we have only been married four years. We are both in our 50's and we have no real property we own no house or land. I bought a pickup after my bk to establish credit the financing and the pick up is my name only. she is currently working and has a job she can keep all of the household furnishings as she had that before we married, except for the big screen tv and my hunting equipment. She also has skin cancer but has had that since long before we were married as a higher education the I do. She has an associates degree and did not even graduate high school. How do you think a judge would rule on this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 12 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

You and your wife can agree on and devise a Marital/Separation Agreement where in you outline and state what the terms of the divorce will be as it relates to your property division, no children, no child support and no alimony

That can be typed out, both of you sign in front of a Notary and you can file that with the documents for an uncontested, no fault divorce.

Here is a link to a Self Service Court website that has the forms you need to file once you have your Agreement prepared.