Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My children were adopted I'm trying to get the adoption

Customer Question

My children were adopted I'm trying to get the adoption reversed
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You will need to file an annulment of/motion to vacate the adoption with the court.

"In order to allow this, the court will generally require the adoptive parents to show that it is in the child's best interest to dissolve the adoption. This might occur when the relationship between the child and the adoptive parents is so poor that neither party is benefiting from it anymore. The court might also allow a reversal of an adoption where the adoptive parents are no longer able to care for the child. They will not, however, grant petitions for reversal simply to free the adoptive parents of the responsibilities of taking care of a child."