Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am trying to get my child support case back into court. I

Customer Question

Hi ... I am trying to get my child support case back into court. I don't owe any current support but when our daughter was almost 18 her Mom took me to court and stated I owed $50k in support. I had been making cash payments for many, many years. The case is filed in Galveston county, Texas ans I currently live in North Carolina. What would be the process to get this back to court?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

What exactly are you wanting to get "back into court"?