Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

I was just informed a few months ago that an acquaintance of

Customer Question

I was just informed a few months ago that an acquaintance of mine has a 17 year old daughter and she is claiming that I am the father and now she wants child support for the last seventeen years. I am not a dead beat dad but am I responsible for all the back child support when I never even knew that the child existed or would I only be obligated to pay child support until the child turns 18? Can I be forced into giving a DNA test without a court order?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, child support cannot be awarded retroactively, but only from the time the petition from child support is filed and generally a DNA test cannot be forced on a person without court order.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.