Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My soon to be ex girlfriend, is going to be arrested checks

Customer Question

My soon to be ex girlfriend, is going to be arrested for stealing checks from my dad and cashing them. She has a drug problem, alcohol problem, and stealing from me and pawning the stuff she steals. My dad is pressing charges this time and is getting a restraining order on her. I have tried to get her to leave my dads house where we live, but she won't leave. Do I have any grounds to go forward and get custody of my daughter? She has another daughter that I have taken care of since she was born. I'm worried about her also. To her I am dad. She doesn't see her bio father. Can you give me any advise?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Is there some kind of written "lease" that she is a part of for your dad's home, or not?

2) Whose name(s) is/are on the deed of the home - just your dad's, or both your dad's and you?

3) For the daughter who is not your biological child, are there any custody orders in place between her and the biological father?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.