Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I was granted a leave of court to amend appeal but need the

Customer Question

I was granted a leave of court to amend appeal but need the assistance of an attorney, how much time do I have?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When leave is granted to amend an appeal, the court is supposed to give a time in which you have to submit the amended appeal. You need to read your court order again, because it has to be in there or you would have to ask the court, because there is no time set in the rules as leave to amend an appeal is up to the court's discretion.
As far as assistance of an attorney to amend your appeal, state law forbids anyone on this site from representing you, so we can only answer specific questions, but cannot actually amend your appeal for you I am afraid. Thank you for understanding that.