MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I need to modify my divorce decree. My ex and I are in

Customer Question

I need to modify my divorce decree. My ex and I are in agreement. I have a Quick Claim Deed but my decree has to state I'm awarded the property. How do I do this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What you need to do is file a Motion to Modify Divorce Settlement Agreement and then follow that up with an Agreed Order stating that both parties agree on the modification. In the motion, you should include what you are seeking to modify from the divorce settlement agreement (which in this case would be the issue with the property). The Agreed Order will state that you are both in agreement with the motion and that the motion should be granted.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do this on my own and where do I start?

I would recommend getting an attorney to handle this. It's a relatively straightforward process and should be inexpensive.