Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Two part Question, Question part A, a spouse of a XXXXXX

Customer Question

Two part Question, Question part A, I am XXXXXX, a spouse of a XXXXXX service XXXXX XXXX, she is the servicemember and we will be stationed in XXXXX, Can I file divorce in my last state of residence, XXXXXX, even as time passes. Will XX. allow me to file divorce there and would that state have jurisdiction over us both (XXXXXXX XXXXXX living in XXXXX on orders). We will be stationed overseas in XXXXX and our last state of residence was XXXX.
Question Part B, Also, can one of us file divorce in XXXXX if the other does not agree to XXXX?
Background, no kids, no real estate. Have XXXX X she has XXXXX XXXXX. I am considering leaving my job to accompany my wife to XXXXX, she is a XXXXX in the XXXX. we have been XXXXXX XXX years, and she has been in the military about that long. our XXXXXX has not been that good lately, separate bedrooms, etc. I am worried about putting the most valuable asset, her XXXXXX XXXXXX, into a non community property situation.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon XXXXX,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a XXX licensed attorney.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Where are you presently residing?

2. How long have you resided there?

3. What is your state of residence---if you are traveling with your spouse from state to state?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I explained all that, it is about living in XXXXX. XXXXX, last state XXXX. Stop trying to sell me something, I explained my concern. Not Satisfied, refund Please and do not poast my question for the world to see.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You are not obligated to accept a call---I thought it would be easier for you given your multidimensional issues here.

You say you will be stationed in XXXXXX, and that your last state was XX. This suggests that you are in neither today. I need to know where you are today in order to give you your options.

I also need to know what state is your legal state of residence.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I can tell I wont be satisfied, as for your satisfaction guarantee, please do not charge my card, and certainly do not post my question for the world to see. Okay?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Under the circumstances I'll opt out. As for the site operation, because I am not an employee I have no control over that. If you want a refund or you want something redacted, you can contact customer service at:(###) ###-####

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug