How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11665
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was served court papaers yesterday from my childrens bio

Customer Question

i was served court papaers yesterday from my childrens bio father who hasn't had contact with them in 6 years. we were never married. he missed his court date in ark. on dec 2. he's filing a petition in suit of affecting parent-child relationship. he did not even meet them until they were 3 and 4 . they were around him off and on for only 3 years. he has came down here to tx from ark last spring unannounced and went to my daughters school and took them out. i have been harrassed by them and i really don't understand this papperwork i was served yesterday. i have had my girl's since they were born. they are 13 and 14 yrs old now. i do not have the money for a lawyer. the other parent owns his own business which he has refused to report to child support and the IRS. he is a convicted felon for meth and spent prison time for it. he was arrested in 2010 for both failure to pay child support and domestic violence. i am desperate for any help i can get. my phone # *****(###) ###-#### ***** you and i really hope you can help me out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. A "Suit Affecting Parent Child Relationship" can ask for many things. It can ask for:



-child support

-modification of either of those three if there are other existing orders

So what exactly is the petition asking for? Or not, sure? Is there any way you can attach it to this thread - let me know if you need instructions on how to do so.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!