Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My sister is a New Mexico resident. She has lived with years

Customer Question

My sister is a New Mexico resident. She has lived with for 12 years and married for 21 years to a man with a sizable trust fund. Neither of them have to work. After raising three (two highly achieving sons in college) sons, and after years of domestic abuse from a drug addicted husband, she wants out. It seems as if everything is controlled by these trusts. Can she receive a just settlement if she finally divorces him?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
In New Mexico, if one spouse (the husband) lives on a trust fund (all the boys have separate trust funds for their college expenses) is my sister out of luck when it comes to demanding a modest settlement in the event of divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
So, basically, Alex, I have been conned by a low-rent "legal" website. Shame on me. I have the name of a bona-fied high end divorce attorney in Albuquerque who gets the job done. Now I have to extricate myself from this awful web-site.

Unfortunately, I am not always able to respond to each customer's post right away, as I might be working with another customer or have stepped away from my computer and I apologize for any delay.

Please let me know if you would like me to continue answering your question or if you would like me to forward your inquiry to JustAnswer.com customer service for a full refund.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please, I want a full refund. Please refer me to JustAnswer.com customer service for a full refund. Thank you, val