FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Someone is threatening me by saying they will send photos

Customer Question

Hello, Someone is threatening me by saying they will send photos they got probably from a private investigator of me outside of a hotel one night and saying they are going to send them to my fiancé. The person in question is also her ex boyfriend. Is there anything I can do to stop him legally?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Do you know why they are going to do this? Are they asking for anything? Also, why would you be naked outside of a hotel room? Were you on the balcony?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not naked. I was just outside the doors. they are not asking anything for any money... They are threatening to send the pics to my fiancé
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess he is just blackmailing me with the pics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was not naked just standing outside....he is not asking for anything just telling he is going to send the pics to her

Thank you for the additional information. If he is not asking for anything, then there is nothing illegal about him sending these photos to your fiance. If he demand X amount of money or else he would release them, then his actions would be criminal and you could go to the police. Based upon what you shared above, he is trying to ruin the relationship by sharing these but his decision to show them to her, is not criminal or would amount to the court being able to take any civil action either. If the photos were legally obtained, he can share them with her, if he wants. I know this was not what you were hoping to hear but if nothing happened at the home and you have a basis to support being there, your fiance should under the situation and that he is only trying to cause trouble.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!