LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I received a Petition to modify Parent-Child

Customer Question

I received a Petition to modify Parent-Child Relation-Precept. How do I counter act on this petition from my child's mother who we are not married.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The way that you counter the Petition for Modification is to file and serve your own Answer to the Petition. This is known as the Respondent's Original Answer-Modification case. All you need to do is to file and serve the form and then you will be able to try and work things out with your ex, and failing that, you can ask the court to make a ruling on any changes----asking the judge for the things that you want.

Here is a link to the form you will need: http://texaslawhelp.org/files/685E99A9-A3EB-6584-CA74-137E0474AE2C/attachments/E8B6A3A3-FBF9-4BAD-A157-50ACE9297A0D/mod_answer_final.pdf

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug