Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Four years ago me and childs father signed a Voulnteer of

Customer Question

Four years ago me and childs father signed a Voulnteer of Acknowledgement in the hospital come to find out my ex was really my childs father me and the legal father found out when the child was 11 months the legal father went to court to disestablish paternity but dropped the case and instead filed for partial custody as well as child support. He was granted the custody and ordered to put my son on his medical we had an agreement that he put money in my account every month. We also agreed to shut the biological father out the legal father was actively in my sons life then him and I got into an agreement he is in a new relationship and I allowed my son to see biological father after the legal father no longer wanted anything to do with my son. The VAP states that a challenge can only be challenged within two years It is four years I want to know if a judge can overturn the VAP form after the two year time
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand. The legal father (the one who signed the VAP)...is he now challenging the order of paternity?