Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

My ex-husband and I got married in Las Vegas in June of

Customer Question

My ex-husband and I got married in Las Vegas in June of 1995, and then again in December in 1995 in Boulder, Colorado. We recently got divorced and we listed Clark County, Nevada as the place where we were married and never mentioned the 2nd license in Boulder County. Are we legally divorced so that he can remarry?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Yes, you're legally divorced. Clark County, Nevada IS the place where you got married. You renewed your vows in Boulder, but that does not require a marriage license. If you chose to get one, that doesn't supersede the original license or change the date/location of your marriage. You are legally divorced.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.