How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29048
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 5 felonies charged against me. 2 selling synthetics.

Customer Question

I have 5 felonies charged against me. 2 selling synthetics. 1 corrupt business, 1 involving a schedule 1 substance, and 1 prostitution.
My 4 year old consumed an opiate at my girlfriends moms house where he was staying. CPS took the kids and put them with a relative.
I don't drink, smoke, do drugs and I am taking the above charges to trial. Would cps let me have my kids at my house until the other situation is resolved?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the synthetics and corrupt business. I gave my product to a lawyer and he showed it to the prosecutor. I got a letter back from the lawyer saying that if it became a problem they would let us know. {Of course if they would've done that I would've quit but instead they immediately sent undercover in to buy from me within 2 days of getting the letter}
The prostitution was a set up. I have done many bachelor parties and don't allow genital contact and told the undercover and the entertainers that. I got a 2 minute emergency phone call and that is when they did it!
The schedule 1 substance was one of the girls had pills on her at the above party and said that I gave them to her to keep and that she was supposed to give them back at the end of the night. That is totally crazy!
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

CPS is unfortunately not likely to release your children until they're confident that they're safe in your home. You may have to promise not leave your children in your girlfriend's care again or even not to spend time with her at all (and definitely not to take them to the mother's house). CPS may want you to do drug testing or drug and alcohol education courses before returning the children to you. They'll probably do home visits to see what type of situation the kids are living in. They'll probably want to investigate the prostitution charges to make sure there aren't strange men coming in and out of the house at all hours. Those things can all take time. They may want to see how the criminal charges are resolved before returning the children.

I'm sorry to say, there's no way I can promise that they'd allow the kids to remain living with you until the case against you is resolved. A family law attorney who could argue your case to CPS on your behalf may help you increase those chances.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.