mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

I want to file a motion in Massachusetts courts qdro not

Customer Question

I want to file a motion in Massachusetts courts for a qdro not sure if its a motion to accept or include or something else
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 12 months ago.

Good Afternoon,

I will try to best answer your question.

Generally, the QDRO form is obtained from the plan administrator. The form itself is an order. QDRO stands for qualified domestic relations order. Thus, you should not need a motion to accompany the qdro. I I'm assuming you have a marrital settlement agreement or a court order requiring the qdro. If that's the case you just need to file the completedivorce qdro.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I went to the courthouse to file qdro was told I have to file a motion she gave me a form and told me to either file a motion to accept or motion to include not sure which
Expert:  mmdesq replied 12 months ago.

It sounds like you just need the motion to include if an agreement was reached requiring the entry of a QDRO. If no other agreement motion to accept.