Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

My 2 children's mom gets supervised visits and is in rehab

Customer Question

My 2 children's mom gets supervised visits and is in rehab again after being there in Sept, do I have to let my kids go see her?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

So long as the rehab facility is willing to participate in the supervised visitation and be part of the process, then you are obligated to continue with the supervised visitation if the mother wants to see the children. The only way around this is if you apply to the court for an order suspending the visitation while she is in rehab and most likely any hearing on the matter will end up being held on a date that is after the date that she finishes at the rehab facility.

-

can you please press a positive rating above (the third, fourth or fifth star is a positive rating) so that I will be paid for my time assisting you . I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above. Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time.

-

THANK YOU VERY MUCH