Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My wife recently in May 14 2015 was granted a permanent

Customer Question

Hello, my wife recently in May 14 2015 was granted a permanent restraining order on false accusations. Immediately after the approval she has been keeping in contact with with me, seeing me, and going to events with me and the kids. She has been abusing and manipulating the Restraining order only when needing something from me and has now attempted to get me on violation of a restraining order. I have countless text msgs, pictures, financial records, phone records that show i was no threat to her and the kids life as her claims are fraudulent. Is there any way I can appeal this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you realize that it is a serious crime for the person against whom the restraining order is issued to have contact with the person protected by the restraining order, even if the victim insists on such contact?