MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

We live in the state of Hawaii and have 3 granddaughters who

Customer Question

We live in the state of Hawaii and have 3 granddaughters who we fostered 14 months on one occasion and 2 months on another occasion. We are currently being denied visitation with them and are interested in learning and pursuing our rights. The mother is recently divorced, has mental illness and a history of violence and lives off the state. Thank you for your time. Pamela Sokach
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, Hawaii has no functional grandparent visitation law. The only option you would have would be to report the mother to child services if she is unfit to take care of her children/her children are not safe with her and, at that point, request that the children stay with you.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.