Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My children's father has just been released from serving 6

Customer Question

Hi
My children's father has just been released from serving 6 years on DV charges. I have sole legal and physical custody and have lived overseas for the last 3 years with the children. He has previous convictions as a violent felon and there was CPS involvement before he was incarcerated due to the DV. I would like to know if I can have his parental rights terminated. The kids were 4 months and 1 and half even he was incarcerated so have never known him.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, based on the facts you have presented, you do have legal grounds to seek to have the parental rights of the father terminated under CA law. You will have to file the petition in the CA county where he presently resides.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug