Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I had a judgement of Harassment placed against me when my

Customer Question

I had a judgement of Harassment placed against me when my daughter's ex had Legal Decision Making for the child they have in common but now they both have legal decision making and equal parenting time, so can my daughter have the Judgement of Harassment removed now that she also has the legal right to make those types of decisions.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to file a motion to vacate the order in court and your daughter would have to appear in court with you and explain why the order is no longer necessary. The court can then vacate the order or modify it to order that you not have contact only with the ex. But you need to file to vacate the order and your daughter will have to go to court with you to testify why it is no longer necessary based on the change of circumstances.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does my daughter need to file to change it or have it modified? Because I was told I could not do so that it is to late for me to fight it
Thank you for your reply.
You need to file the motion to vacate if it was against you, but you will need your daughter's support to testify in court.