Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Son in law from Georgia came to Michigan with 2 sons because

Customer Question

Son in law from Georgia came to Michigan with 2 sons because of getting evicted and no job my daughter stayed in Georgia and only was seeing boys a couple days a week with a suspected drug problem. He filed for divorce but she didn't get served
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it OK for them to stay here and get enrolled in school?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Yes, they can be enrolled in school under the Father's custody, as long as there is No court order granting the custody to the other parent. In other words, if there is no court ordered custody to either parent, then the parent in Possession is the one in control and can make decisions.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If the Mother has not been served, then he needs to continue to have the service attempted. In the meantime, he also may want to Petition the Court for Temporary Custody of the children and that way he will have a court order in that regard.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.