Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have sole legal custody and physical custody. My daughters

Customer Question

Hello, I have sole legal custody and physical custody. My daughters father has visitation on Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30-8 and Sundays 12:30-4:30.
My court order says Holidays,special days, and vacation time is upon mutual agreement.
Thanksgiving and Christmas eve lands on Thursday.
I called the court and unfortunately they couldnt give me any legal advice.
The father called the court and he said they told him it's still his day and he could get her.
How does this work if he has no custody just visitation.
Also he has modify visitations by his parents since he just came back in my daughters life she's 3 years old and 7months. She doesnt have a bond with her. There is time where he leaves unmodified and I won't be able to get a hold of him when he is with my daughter.
He can't seem to come to an mutual agreement with me. Also can I not let my daughter go with him if I have no communication with him when he has herand is being unmodified?
Thank u
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

The fact that the other parent only has visitation doesn't matter. What matters is the exact language of the court orders. If you want a definitive answer, then I need to read the actual orders, because one word in a different place can change the meaning of the orders.

I will send you an additional services offer, and you can email me the orders, if you like.