Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

As a stepdaughter years and consider m My Dad (stepfather)

Customer Question

As a stepdaughter for 42 years and consider him My Dad (stepfather) my father do I have rights to stop his biological sons from taking him away from my family when he doesn't want to leave us? My Mother passed his wife 6 years ago. He is alert knows everything takes care of himself in a care home. His sons won't let him know anything about his finances and older son is moving him to dirty care home. Please help us my 3 children look at him as there Father and losing him would be a heart breaking matter. My children and I know he will pass away if this happens. Thank you Debra Sorrick
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Debra,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a licensed CA attorney with more than 30 years in practice.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that the son's want to relocate him away from you and to a different care facility?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Do you still require assistance? I cannot help you until you respond to my inquiry.

Doug