MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

If there was a law suit won between a married couple if

Customer Question

If there was a law suit won between a married couple if there were to be a separation or divorce and the money is in a bank account at the moment how will that be divided
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What state are you located in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
florida

Florida is a community property state. Any monies generated during the marriage belong to both parties. There are two ways this could be split in the event of a divorce:

1. According to an agreement between the parties pursuant to a marital settlement agreement, etc.; or

2. It would be split equally between the parties.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.