MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My husband is in Active Reserves, was I supposed to select

Customer Question

My husband is in Active Reserves, was I supposed to select that he was Active Duty in the forms?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Please help me understand which forms you are referring to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on completecase.com to file for divorce in the state of CA, it asks if either party is in active duty, and I selected no because he is active reserves not active duty. It then printed the forms and on the forms the box that states (The respondent is a member of the military services of the United States of America and waives all rights under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. No appearance fee is required) Is not checked off and im worried it should be due to he is a military service member although he is not active duty.

Yes. You would need to classify him as active duty if he is active in the reserves.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.