LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

My husband and I are 65 years old and have temporary custody

Customer Question

My husband and I are 65 years old and have temporary custody of my 2 year old grandson. My grandson's insurance is through PeachCare as his mother cannot provide insurance for him. My husband and I are looking to retire next year and will be using Medicare but we are concerned if the PeachCare will continue for him or will we be responsible for his insurance.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.

So long as you do not formally adopt your grandson, and his mother remains eligible for him to have PeachCare based on your lack of income and assets, he will continue to qualify even while he may be staying with you.

You will not become legally responsible for his healthcare policy unless you formally adopt him.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug