How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11448
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm unemployed and cant afford a lawyer, need help with

Customer Question

I'm unemployed and cant afford a lawyer, need help with child custody and divorce
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents + Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally we cannot provide representation to anyone, we are allowed only to provide general information to help guide customers based on their situation. As you did not specify what type of help you need, you need to do so and we would be glad to provide you with whatever information we can legally provide you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this to only ask questions? Ok where or how can I find a free lawyer to represent me in Suffolk county ny
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the scope of service we can legally provide is only to ask questions.

To find low cost or free legal assistance you can contact legal aid at one of the services on

You can also call the NY Bar and ask for the pro bono attorneys in your area or go to one of your local law schools (they have legal clinics) and seek assistance there for representation.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have 3 charges that i would like refunded
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Contact customer service at to get your refund as the experts are not employees of this site and cannot help with that.

Related Family Law Questions