Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son in law has custody of my granddaughter, my

Customer Question

My son in law has custody of my granddaughter, my granddaughter has been in and out of behavioral hospitals for the passed 3 years. Recently, the therapist has recommended supervised visits with the mother. However, the mother will not comply. She took my granddaughter by her boyfriends house and yelled at her to stay quiet so the bf can sleep. She made my gd stay up all night to sleep all day. My granddaughter came home, unclean and distraught. They filed a police report. We have an emergency hearing Dec 16. Can my son in law refuse visitations until the hearing or only supervised until then. We do not want her to regress and end up back in the hospital. They live in Arkansas.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am truly sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, has your son had an attorney file a motion with the court to address this yet?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me, has your son had an attorney file a motion with the court to address this yet?