How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 111603
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is a prominent attorney in a small state. We are

Customer Question

My husband is a prominent attorney in a small state. We are considering divorce. The first lawyer I spoke to told me many lawyers in my state decline representation against colleagues. Should I look to a neighboring state for an attorney admitted here or keep trying ion my home state?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, if your husband is well known in the state and it is a small state, you could do better if you find an attorney in a neighboring state who is also licensed in your state. Many times with small states, the attorneys in the contiguous states are licensed in multiple states (especially if you are in the New England area, where many MA attorneys are licensed in RI and even NH and VT).