Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Fairfax County I filed an appeal in JDR within 10 days of

Customer Question

Virginia . Fairfax County I filed an appeal in JDR within 10 days of the hearing. What does "appeal must be perfected within 30 days of hearing"? Do I need to file something else in Circuit Court now? Not sure what to do. Thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Perfecting the appeal means you have to compy with the Rules as set forth in the Rules of the Supreme Court Volume 11 pats 5 and 5A. I cannot locate those rules on the internet. But you can check with the clerk of the court for access to the local law library and they will have it.

You also can review this link for more information on the Rules of filing Appeals in Fairfax County.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link does not work. Can you send again?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Apologies. Try this LINK.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

They both work for me. If they do not work, again, the Clerk of the court can grant you access to the Law Library and you will need to go through the Rules Volume 11 parts 5 and 5A.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link does not appear. Can you post the link in your reply. Then, I can manually try to enter it.
Thanks
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/courts/circuit/pdf/ccr-a-15a.pdf

There you go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read the link . It seems that this is the appeal info from circuit to the court of appeals? Mine is from JDR to circuit. Is this the same ?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You will need to review the Rules to the Court of Appeals, yes. The appeals are the same basics. In other words, once you file your Notice to Appeal, then you have the 30 days to comply with all the other rules.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

That link is from the http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/courts/circuit/appeal_procedures.htm