How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31591
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to see what evidence is needed to prove that my

Customer Question

I need to see what evidence is needed to prove that my childs mother is unfit. She has ran away from indiana and now is in minnesota with my son. Can you help me Please it has been two years since i seen my son hes only 3
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, it must be shown that the parent has a consistent pattern of behavior to rise to the level of unfit parenting in order to establish what you're seeking to prove. Under Minnesota law, this means that the behavior must be ongoing and severe enough that it is not in the best interests of the child to continue the parental relationship.

A parent can be shown to be unfit in a variety of ways, including the abandonment of the child, child abuse or neglect or having a criminal history.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you can establish any of these, or anything else that could be deemed as proof of unfitness, it is possible to seek that her custody rights be terminated and have the child turned over to you.

Related Family Law Questions