How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Paying child support. If my daughter mother moved out of NY

Customer Question

Paying child support.
If my daughter mother moved out of NY state to NJ 3 years ago and I moved out of NY to NC 2 years ago. My daughter is 19, Am i still liable to pay child support in NY.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Unless there is an agreement that states otherwise, in New York, child support must be paid until the child reaches the age of 21, assuming the child is still living at home with a parent, or attending college full time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if no one lives in NY
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The location does not change the child support obligation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Related Family Law Questions