Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I filed a complaint to establish paternity of my daughter

Customer Question

I filed a complaint to establish paternity of my daughter after her mother would not allow me visitation for over two years. The DNA confirmed paternity, the visitation was set up and I have paid child support every month religiously.
The mother has never honored the court orders for holiday visitation and extended overnight visits as the agreement states. I live in Tennessee and she and my daughter in Georgia. I spend enormous amounts of money each month for hotels, foot, entertainment and fuel. I want to be able to visit with my daughter at my home- Her mother will not allow such visits.
What can I do to get the court orders enforced?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If the mother is intentionally violating the custodial order, then your recourse here is to file a motion for contempt of court in the the court where the order was initially entered. This will force the mother to appear in front of the judge who signed off on the order and explain why she is willfully violating the judges's orders. The judge can sanction her with penalties from a verbal reprimand, to modifying the order to give you more time, to up to 6 months in jail for repeated violations. (although jail isn't likely)

.

.

thanks