Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am miserable in my twenty year marriage in California, no

Customer Question

I am miserable in my twenty year marriage in California, no children, however my husband does not work for a variety of reasons. I've always thought I need to stay in it as I couldn't afford to pay him alimony and the thought of sharing my hard earned retirement etc just keeps me making the best if it. Now I found out he has cheated. Can he refuse anything from me or is it a done deal that I owe him so much?
Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

Your Husband is not required to accept anything. I would attempt to secure as much proof as you can now the issue of adultery in case he changes his position later. This is also prove helpful in reducing the impact of alimony against you.

I hope that this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck resolving these issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome