Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Are you able to answer a question?

Customer Question

Are you able to answer a question for Florida?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you'll tell me your question, I'll attempt to answer it......if I can't I can try to direct it to someone who can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger, I am in Florida, my wife and I are separated, we were trying to reconcile and now she is telling me she is removing me from her employee provided health care. I am self employed and am having a hard time finding a plan that allows me to keep my Doctors and the coverage I currently have.
As a note, I pay my half the employee provided health care every month.
I did not think she was allowed to remove me from the plan until the divorce was filed and final in Florida, this since there is no legal separation in Florida.
Can she do this?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.....and I apologize for the delay (I had a conference call to take).

Your spouse should not be able to remove you as long as you are married -- without your consent. But, once the divorce is final, all obligations for her to carry insurance for your would cease. You likely would have the right to continue on her health insurance under COBRA at your own cost.