Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I want to file a appeal with the duval county court in

Customer Question

I want to file a appeal with the duval county court in Jacksonville florida regarding a family law matter
I want to appeal the General Magistrate decision concerning my timesharing concerning daughter and I want
a Judge to look the case over I want to know how to go about getting this process started now.
Submitted: 1 year ago via LawDepot.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I will be assisting you with your questions this evening.

You would need to file a Notice of Appeal with the Clerk's office. Appeal processing fees can be paid at the time the Notice of Appeal is filed. If the fee is not paid at the time of filing, a non-payment of filing fee letter is mailed to the appellant. Similarly, the District Court of Appeals (DCA) will mail out a non-payment letter if the DCA fees are not paid. Appeal processing fees are not required when the Court has entered an order to waive the fees, or declared the defendant indigent for appeal purposes.

Also, the following link is a handbook for Pro Se appellants that cover appeals from start to finish for those who will be representing themselves: http://prose.flabarappellate.org/pdf/ProSe_English_May09.pdf