How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31564
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father allowed my brother to move in with m few days

Customer Question

My father allowed my brother to move in with him for a few days while my brother found another place to live. That has been several months now and my father has asked my brother to move out numerous times. My brother told him he would be out by Oct 31, 2015. However, he is still at my father's house. My brother has become very antagonistic toward my father. Now my father is in the hospital with a broken hip and does not want my brother there when my father gets out of the hospital. How can we get my brother out of my father's house. My father lives in Nashvile, TN.
Jim Harper
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm licensed in Tennessee. I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Since your brother has lived at the house for several months, your dad would have to file an unlawful detainer/eviction lawsuit against your brother.....even if he doesn't have a lease or pay rent, your dad would have to file suit against him in general sessions court.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Once he is served with the summons, the court will set a hearing date....and the judge will order him out at that point. Then, your brother would have to vacate or the sheriff's department will come and physically remove him and his things.