Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

If I have maintained full custody of my 17 year-old son

Customer Question

If I have maintained full custody of my 17 year-old son since the divorce at age 3, and raised him..now that he "don't like the rules" and signed an Election of Intent to move in with his father under his own free will and his father would have FULL LEGAL AND PHYSICAL CARE, can he in turn order Child support from me without me having any rights?
State of MS
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer in Mississippi. I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Until the child is an adult, he cannot choose who he wants to live with. Instead, that's up to the court and who the judge believes is the best person to have custody of the child.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, the child's custody can't be changed unless there is a material change in circumstances that would warrant a modification of the current custody arrangement.