Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

I would like to have my child support lowered to what the

Customer Question

I would like to have my child support lowered to what the state requires I pay. My Ex-wife and I have a preset amount that we agreed upon when we did our divorce. Is it possible to have the amount lowered and what would I have to do to have it done. Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Child support can always be modified if there is a material change in circumstance, such as if your income was reduced or you had another child. If you simply changed your mind about paying above the amount agreed to in the stipulation, that is something that unfortunately cannot be undone unless you can prove duress or fraud (meaning that the other parent threatened you with physical harm if you didn't pay more, or maybe lied about her income or her expenses to get you to pay more).

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.