How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31200
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to evict an adult child with 3 dependents from a house

Customer Question

how to evict an adult child with 3 dependents from a house we provided.
She has and autistic 9 year old, 7 year old and 2year old. All of which she has used to get her way. I'm done enabling.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

In order to remove your month-to-month tenant, you will have to give her at least 30 days notice to vacate the property. Here's a link to the statute:

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The notice must be in writing.

If the tenant does not vacate within the 30 day period, you would then have to file an eviction action in small claims court and obtain an order removing her. Here's a good link you can read:

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Once you get a court order, the local authority (sheriff's office/police department) will "keep the peace" while she vacates the property.

Related Family Law Questions