Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How do I end the guardianship of my son who both s

Customer Question

How do I end the guardianship of my son who both his psychiatrist and I no longer needs one after ten years. I wrote this in my annual report as did the psychiatrist and in the response from the court they didn't address it at all. Thanks kindly..Susan
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Benicia Baker-Livors replied 1 year ago.

You or your son need to file a motion with the probate court, attaching a recommendation from his doctor, asking that the guardianship be terminated and asking the Court to find that he is fully able to care for himself and is ready to have all of his legal rights restored. The Court should set your motion for a hearing and should appoint a lawyer for your son who can clean up the motion, if necessary. You can call the probate clerk and ask him or her what your specific court requires.