How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11655
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two children 16 and 14. mom kept the passports after

Customer Question

I have two children 16 and 14. mom kept the passports after her last trip. We have traded them for years. I replaced the 16 years old. The 14 year old is the problem. Mom wont communicate.
I asked for a court order for her to sign or alow me to get passport myself. Judge denied and set for hearing. I have tried to avoid court, but she wont respond other than to say a guardian should hold passports. this is ridiculous. A lot of money is on the line. How do I appeal to the judge who could have signed the order straight away< yet denied and set it for hearing
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Are you represented by an experienced local child custody law attorney in this case?

When is the hearing set for?