Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex-husband falsely accused me of owing m back child

Customer Question

My ex-husband falsely accused me of owing him back child support . He did not show any proof of the income I made and the jugde ruled in his favor . I have trascript of the hearing and know he was unlawlfully allowed the judgement. Oh, and the reason it happened is because I was not served for the hearing.And was not there. What should I do? Can I sue the county
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the court refused to allow you to vacate the judgment, how did they refuse to allow you to appeal, since this is a final order? You have a right to appeal by law and the judge cannot stop you.

You cannot sue the county or the judge for this, that is prevented by the state law, your recourse is in your legal statutory right to appeal.