How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38563
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

By birth and am a permanent resident alien of the US. My

Customer Question

I am Canadian by birth and am a permanent resident alien of the US. My father is an American, who has refused to take a paternity test to validate that I am his son. I live in OH, he lives in Florida. How do I go about getting a paternity test done. I don't want any money or anything from him, just a status of dual citizen.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


You can contact Ohio Child Support Services, apply for services, and the government will contact the Florida Department of Revenue, which is the analogous child support enforcement agency, and they will summon the putative father into court to force a DNA test and establish paternity and child support.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Related Family Law Questions