Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

My husband and I are still married. However, the

Customer Question

My husband and I are still married. However, the relationship is very tense. He spends most of his time sleeping at night. I am lonely and have some health issues. I do not feel safe being at home alone. I hire a live in paid from my family fund. He kicked her out and threatened her. Doe he have the legal right to do so?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

No, he doesn't have the legal right to force someone that you have given permission to be in the home to leave. Whether they are performing services for you or are simply your guest, you have an exactly equal right to use and possession of the marital home with him. So neither of you can force an invited guest of the other to leave the home.

.

.

thanks