Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am looking close family member I will refer to m as D and

Customer Question

I am looking for answers for a close family member I will refer to him as D and his wife as K. Here is a short back story. D and K have a total of three children ages 12, 7, and 3. Over one year ago D and K divorced due to K trying to poison D and being a neglectful mother. She has been addicted to illegal drugs and currently is being looked for by authorities. D was left a business in another country when his father passed and had to give partial custody to his exwife while he has been out of the country. For the last 6 months K has left the children with her parents and was on the run with their 3 year old son. She has recently left all three children with her parents where D was able to take them temporarily. He has received random telephone calls from K but not in contact with her. He would like to take the kids to leave the country and live with him but does not know how to go about it and also does not have the time or money to afford a lawyer. He came back to our country due to a phone call from K's parents explaining the dire situation. He does need to return to the other country very soon. What can he do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, he gave K legal custody of the children when they divorced? Also, do the children even have passports at this time to leave the country?