How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 26779
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a child out of wedlock, my son would like to take s

Customer Question

I had a child out of wedlock, my son would like to take his father's last name. I have no problem with that nor does his father, I just don't know the process. Paternity was proven in court. We lived in Massachusetts at the time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

So you just want to change the last name for the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure. Since you and the father are in agreement, there should be no issues. The process is straight forward and I have provided a link with the steps and forms you need below.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I had responded. I am very pleased with the answer you gave me and thank you
for sending me the form.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you can just rate me at the top, so I can get credit from the site. It would be appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions