Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a professional portrait painter and had a hotel owner

Customer Question

I am a professional portrait painter and had a hotel owner wanting to buy 100 of my Native American paintings for her hotel. I said that the paintings were $ 100,000. She said ok, and sent me $3,000 to send them to Tonopah,Nevada. I delivered them to the hotel and they locked them in a storage room. She later decided that she didn't want them...... but decided to keep them for herself. My "unprofessional" opinion says that thy are mine! tort of conversion". I am asking for $100,000 plus all legal expenses plus loss of planned future museum development. Please advise and would ask that you represent me in this case. thank you for your advice, ***** *****(###) ###-####
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers as clients. But I can tell you what relief someone in your situation may have in Court, and help you find counsel in your area.

Can you please tell me:

1) What state are you in? What state is the hotel in?
2) Was this contract verbal, only? No emails or texts to prove that agreed-upon price, for example? Or anything in writing at all?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!