Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

I retired early at age 62. How much of my social security

Customer Question

I retired early at age 62. How much of my social security retirement can Nevada child support garnish for arrears?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Nevada law allows them to garnish up to 50% of your Social Security Retirement if you are supporting a spouse or another child (not the one for whom the issue is ordered). If you're not, they're allowed to take 60%. If you are also receiving Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI), they cannot take any of that.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.